Jucy Rentals is one of Australia’s fastest growing independent rental companies. Jucy Rentals operates 200 campas in Australia and 1700 late-model vehicles throughout New Zealand.
Jucy’s mission is to become the leading supplier of 2nd tier rental vehicles in Australasia by providing superior service to its clients for the supply of rental cars & campas.
The key to achieving these goals is in our dedication to customer satisfaction and our continued pride in the service we offer.
Technology will be the biggest driver of our business with a focus on being the market leader in utilising new technology to secure business.
We must motivate our employees to provide exceptional service to our customers by supporting their development, providing opportunities for personal growth, and amply compensate them for their successes and achievements.
Our people are our greatest asset.
It's easy to see why clients choose to hire from us:
• Family owned personal service
• We hire to 18 yrs plus
• Freephone numbers from Australia, UK, USA
• 200 campas on fleet in Australia
• 1700 vehicles on fleet in New Zealand
• Locations in Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns City,
Cairns Airport and throughout New Zealand
• Unlimited kilometres
• GST tax included in rates
• 24hr Roadside Assistance
• Access to multi-lingual staff
There are currently no terms and conditions for travel during this period. If your rental is during these travel dates, new terms and conditions may apply. Please contact us before booking.
Jucy Campervan Rentals AU insurance
For your protection
Personal injury is covered in most cases through registration third party insurance. However, we strongly recommend that all people travelling in Australia take out personal travel insurance. The owner does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during rental.
Vehicle damage - excess reduction options
1. The hirer understands that:
a) the Vehicle is insured for third party vehicle and property damage;
b) the hirer will have to pay an excess in respect of any damage incurred whilst in the hirer's possession;
c) the excess may be reduced by taking out excess reduction coverage (see below)
2. Any excess reduction is void, and the hirer will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if the hirer breaches any of the conditions of clause “Use of vehicle".
3. If no excess reduction option is taken, the hirer is responsible for the first AU$2500 of the cost of damage as described in clause 6.
Excess reduction options
The hirer is required to take one of the following excess reduction options:
• RISK-TAKER: Excess AU$3000.00 (included in per day rate)
• CHANCE-IT: Excess AU$1500.00, pay an additional AU$20.00 per day
• STRESS-FREE: Excess NIL, pay an additional AU$25.00 per day
4. The excess applies in respect of each claim, not rental.
5. The excess is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The excess will be refunded only if the owner is successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the third party. Please note that third party claims can take months or even years to resolve.
6. Damage includes any and all damage to third party property, damage to the rented vehicle including windscreens, tyres, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism. This also includes the cost of the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for repair.
1. The hirer acknowledges that they are responsible for all costs for the following damage unless the Stress-Free Cover option is taken: damage to the roof or underbody of the vehicle, roof pod, windows and mirrors, engine and drive train, wheel bay, wheels and tyres. The hirer is aware of these exclusions and accepts liability for the full repair cost for such damage.
2. a) For any damage due to vehicle use in contravention of clause “Use of vehicle”;
b) Any damage caused by willful misconduct (e.g sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property;
c) For any loss or damage to personal belongings: the owner recommends the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal insurance;
d) If the hirer is proven to have not abided by the current road rules, resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property;
e) The cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle, which has become bogged;
f) The cost to replace keys which have become lost, stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in the vehicle;
g) For any costs relating to overhead or under body damage however caused (not excluded with Stress-Free Cover);
h) Drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers that have a licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence;
i) Any damage to the sunroof;
j) Any damage caused by driving while the vehicle’s engine is overheated; and
k) Any damage caused to the interior or roof pod of the vehicle.
Vehicle security deposit
1. On pick-up of the vehicle, the hirer agrees to pay a vehicle security deposit. The hirer authorises the owner to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due by them to the owner arising out of the agreement. The vehicle security deposit amount is determined by the excess reduction option selected.
2. If the hirer does not take the Chance-It or Stress-Free options, the security deposit is AU$3000 payable by credit card only. A credit card authorisation and credit card imprint will be taken.
3. If the Chance-It option has been taken the security deposit is AU$1500 payable by credit card only. A credit card authorisation and credit card imprint will be taken.
4. If the Stress-Free option has been taken, an imprint of the hirer's credit card details will be held on file as a security that the contract is not breached while on hire, however no excess is applicable.
5. The vehicle security deposit is fully refundable provided the vehicle is returned on time, to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior, and with a full fuel tank (vehicle petrol, diesel and LPG gas).
6. The owner reserves the right to retain an AU$125 soiling fee if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition and free of mud.
Procedures in case of accident
If the hirer is involved in a motor vehicle accident whilst on hire, the following procedures should be followed:
a) AT THE ACCIDENT SCENE THE CUSTOMER MUST:
1. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses.
2. Report the accident to police, regardless of estimated damage costs.
3. Not accept blame or insist the other party is at fault.
4. If possible, photograph damage to all vehicle(s) and registration number(s).
5. Phone the nearest JUCY branch with the accident details within 24 hours.
b) AT THE BRANCH:
1. The hirer must produce their driver’s licence and hand over the police report (if applicable) and any supporting photographs.
2. The hirer is required to pay the excess (if applicable) and any other amount due by them in respect to any damage arising from an accident, loss, or damage. This amount is payable at the time of reporting “the event” and not at completion of the rental period.
3. The JUCY customer service representative will ensure the motor vehicle accident report is completed clearly and accurately signed by the hirer.
c) EXCHANGE VEHICLE:
1. The availability of an exchange vehicle is not guaranteed; provision is subject to availability, client location, accident liability and remaining hire duration. Hirer charges may be incurred (see below).
2. If an exchange vehicle is required as a result of an accident, the hirer is responsible for making their own way to the nearest JUCY branch or pick up location at their own cost.
3. The hirer will pay for any costs relating to delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of any single vehicle accident. This charge applies irrespective of any excess reduction taken. 4. A new security bond will be required for the exchange vehicle.
d) TIME FRAME FOR SETTLEMENT OF CUSTOMER EXCESS CLAIMS:
1. The owner shall use best endeavours to ensure that any money due back to the client is forwarded as quickly as possible, however third party claims can take months or even years to resolve. The owner cannot force the destiny of these claims, and the customer acknowledges that handling of these claims is up to the owner's insurer and the third party, whether they be insured or not.
2. The owner agrees to refund any excess refunds applicable within 60 days of receiving final resolution and payment relating to third party claims.
3. For information regarding outstanding claims or Excess refunds please contact the Claims Department during office hours.
4. The hirer agrees to provide all reasonable assistance to the owner in handling any claim including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Under no circumstances should the Customer attempt to start or drive a vehicle that has been involved in an accident, damaged by roll-over, water submersion or any other means without permission from Jucy. If the vehicle is un-driveable after an accident and the Customer would like to have a replacement vehicle, which will be subject to time, distance and availability, the Customer must make his/her own way (at the Customer’s expense) to the nearest Jucy branch. Should the Customer require a change over vehicle, a new Excess Reduction policy will be required.